Introducing How to Use an HP 10BII Financial Calculator
A complete online course that teaches you how to use an HP 10BII financial calculator step-by-step with easy-to-follow videos and commercial real estate specific examples
In commercial real estate it is simply expected that you know how to use a financial calculator. Yet, many commercial real estate professionals struggle to solve everyday time value of money problems on their financial calculator.
Have you ever been stuck or confused when using a financial calculator?
Sometimes this happens because you didn’t learn how to use a financial calculator the right way the first time, or because you can’t remember the keystrokes required for a specific problem.
It could also be caused by a weak understanding of time value of money concepts that make it hard to see the big picture behind all of the calculations.
Or maybe you’re a seasoned veteran with a lot of experience, but you just need to brush up on your financial calculator skills to fill in the gaps.
The bottom line is that if you lack confidence in your own financial calculator capabilities then it can make you look bad in front of clients and co-workers and ultimately lead to poor financial decisions.
What Would Learning How to Use a Financial Calculator do For You?
- Gain confidence when making financial decisions and recommendations.
- Feel more at ease when doing financial calculations with clients, partners, and co-workers.
- Avoid “feeling dumb” in front of your boss, clients, or other co-workers.
- Ace your exams and land your dream job.
- Avoid careless mistakes that result in the wrong answers.
What is How to Use a Financial Calculator?
How to Use a Financial Calculator is an online interactive video-based course that teaches you how to use an HP 10BII financial calculator step by step. It’s for beginners who want a head start and industry professional who want to plug the gaps in their education.
The training is released in 5 separate modules and consists of easy-to-follow videos, and step-by-step, commercial real estate specific examples. All of the training is online, contained in the private member only site.
During the course we’ll walk through basic functions and settings, a complete time value of money crash course, basic time value of money calculations, advanced time value of money calcualtions, and several real estate specific practice problems. By the end of this course you’ll know how to avoid the most common financial calculator mistakes and be able to solve any time value of money problem using your HP 10BII.
Plus, you’re a student for life. That means you don’t have to worry about forgetting the material because you can retake the course at any time.
Who Should Take This Course?
- New real estate professionals who need to learn how to use a financial calculator for the first time.
- Existing commercial real estate professionals who want to brush up on their financial calculator skills and plug the gaps in their education.
- Career changers who want to break into the industry but don’t know already how to use a financial calculator.
- Students who want to ace their exams and job interviews.
- Individuals who want to gain confidence in their own personal financial decisions.
3 Monthly Payments of $39
Your CRE Investment Analysis Fundamentals Course Includes:
Module 1: Basic Functions and Settings
- How the HP 10BII is organized
- How to use basic math functions
- How to store and recall values from memory
- How to change the number of decimals displayed
- Plus many more basic functions and settings examples
Module 2: Time Value of Money Crash Course
- Why money has time value
- Intuition behind compounding
- Intuition behind discounting
- 5 components of all time value of money problems
- The 6 most common time value of money problems in commercial real estate
- Strategies for approaching ANY time value of money problem
- Example problem walk-throughs
Module 3: Basic Time Value of Money Problems
- The two most common mistakes people make with a financial calculator
- How to switch between beginning and end mode
- How to use the payments per year setting
- How to solve for the present value
- How to solve for the future value
- How to solve for the payment amount
- How to solve for the number of periods
- How to solve for the interest rate
Module 4: Advanced Time Value of Money Problems
- How to use the cash flow journal on the HP 10BII for uneven streams of cash flows
- How to calculate the internal rate of return
- How to calculate the net present value
- How to calculate the total interest paid on a loan for any period of time
- How to calculate the total principal paid on a loan for any period of time
- How to calculate an outstanding loan balance at any given time
Module 5: Real Estate Specific Practice Problems
- Deferred compensation calculations
- Lease valuation and lease comparison calculations
- Savings problems for future capital expenditures
- Investment analysis calculations
- Internal rate of return and net present value calculations
- Commercial loan refinance calculations
- Effective cost of borrowing calculations with loan fees and prepayment penalties
3 Monthly Payments of $39
I nailed a financial modeling test and got a job offer at a great real estate private equity shop thanks to you guys.
Omar Morales | Investment Analyst
I want you to know how much I appreciate PropertyMetrics. As a 30 year real estate attorney focusing primarily on commercial leasing and purchase and sale of commercial properties, it is extremely helpful to see the principles I have learned and used for so many years explained so clearly.
Jon K. Ladd | Business and Real Estate Law Group