Introducing CRE Lease Analysis
A complete online course that teaches you commercial real estate lease analysis step-by-step with easy-to-follow videos and done-for-you templates
Many important commercial real estate decisions center around lease analysis. This includes comparing multiple lease proposals side by side to determine which one is the best, deciding whether to lease or own a commercial property, and understanding whether or not a sale and leaseback decision makes sense.
And yet, many commercial real estate professionals lack the skills to analyze these types of lease problems.
Perhaps it’s because you never learned commercial lease analysis in the first place. Or maybe it’s been a while and you just need to brush up on your skills to fill in the gaps.
Either way, commercial real estate lease analysis isn’t an easy topic to tackle. That’s why we created this course.
What Would Learning Commercial Real Estate Lease Analysis do For You?
- Gain confidence when making commercial real estate lease decisions and recommendations.
- Feel more at ease when doing financial calculations with clients, partners, and co-workers.
- Avoid “feeling dumb” in front of your boss, clients, or other co-workers.
- Ace your exams and land your dream job.
- Avoid careless mistakes that result in the wrong answers.
What is CRE Lease Analysis?
CRE Lease Analysis is an online interactive video-based course that teaches you the fundamentals of commercial real estate lease analysis step by step. It’s for beginners who want a head start and industry professional who want to plug the gaps in their education.
The training is released in 4 separate modules and consists of easy-to-follow videos, done-for-you templates, worksheets, and step-by-step case studies. All of the training is online, contained in the private member only site.
During the course we’ll walk through lease basics, comparative lease analysis, lease vs own analysis, and sale and leaseback analysis. We also include a case study for each type of analysis as well as a fully unlocked Excel spreadsheet template for each analysis. By the end of this course you’ll know how to analyze and compare lease proposals, complete a lease vs own analysis, and analyze sale and leaseback scenarios.
Plus, you’re a student for life. That means you don’t have to worry about forgetting the material because you can retake the course at any time.
Who Should Take This Course?
- New commercial real estate professionals who need to learn lease analysis for the first time.
- Existing commercial real estate professionals who want to brush up on their lease analysis skills and plug the gaps in their education.
- Career changers who want to break into the industry but don’t have a background that includes CRE lease analysis.
- Students who want to ace their exams and job interviews.
3 Monthly Payments of $159
Your CRE Lease Analysis Course Includes:
Module 1: Lease Basics
- Requirements for a valid commercial lease
- Components of a commercial real estate lease
- Types of commercial real estate leases
- How gross, modified gross, and triple net leases work
- How Common Area Maintenance (CAM) expenses work
- Expense Stops and Reimbursements
- Building measurements you should understand
- How to use the load factor and efficiency ratio
- Special considerations for office, retail, and industrial leases
Module 2: Comparative Lease Analysis
- Complete time value of money crash course
- How to calculate effective rent
- How to compare leases using effective rent
- Detailed lease comparison example
- How the gross-up clause works
- How to calculate leasing commissions
- Step by step walkthrough of a lease comparison case study
- Fully unlocked lease comparison Excel template
Module 3: Lease vs Own Analysis
- Benefits of leasing and benefits of owning
- NPV method for lease vs own analysis
- IRR method for lease vs own analysis
- How to select a discount rate
- Tax considerations of leasing versus owning
- Subjective factors in a lease vs own analysis
- Lease vs own analysis example
- Step by step walkthrough of a lease vs own case study
- Fully unlocked lease vs own Excel template
Module 4: Sale-Leaseback Analysis
- Benefits of a sale-leaseback
- The sale-leaseback analysis process
- Sale-leaseback example
- Step by step walkthrough of a sale-leaseback case study
- Fully unlocked sale-leaseback Excel template
Bonus: Fully Unlocked Excel Templates
- Lease Comparison Excel Template
- Lease vs Own Excel Template
- Sale and Leaseback Excel Template
- Fully unlocked for your use outside of this course
3 Monthly Payments of $159
I nailed a financial modeling test and got a job offer at a great real estate private equity shop thanks to you guys.
Omar Morales | Investment Analyst
I want you to know how much I appreciate PropertyMetrics. As a 30 year real estate attorney focusing primarily on commercial leasing and purchase and sale of commercial properties, it is extremely helpful to see the principles I have learned and used for so many years explained so clearly.
Jon K. Ladd | Business and Real Estate Law Group